WHAT TO DO BEFORE AND AFTER BOTOX AND COSMETIC FILLERS
Prevent possible bruising or swelling by taking care to avoid anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, etc.), aspirin, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. St. John’s Wart, fish oils, vitamin E can also thin the blood.
The ingestion of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising.
If you tend to bruise easily, Kristin recommends you take the homeopathic remedy arnica, which is available at most natural food and drug stores. It is available in oral form prior to your treatment and may be applied topically after.
POST-TREATMENT PARALYTICS | NEUROTOXINS (Botox, Dysport)
- After treatment, first time patients (or if it has been 6 months or more since your last treament) might have a slight headache for 1-2 days.
- It is common to see some slight swelling/bruising for 48 hours which gradually disappears. You may cover the area with make-up if you like.
- You may notice some changes in 3-5 days and complete effects are not realized for up to 2 weeks. Results last, on average, 2-4 months; however, after 1-2 years of repeated treatment every 3 or 4 months, some patients have experienced a longer-lasting effect.
- After treatment, you may resume your normal daily activities. It is suggested to refrain from strenuous exercise or excessive heat (such as sauna or hot tubs) for 24 hours post treatment.
- For the next 4 hours, please keep your head and neck upright. Take care to not bend over for long periods of time. Do not lay down flat. Allow at least 4 hours to pass before pressing or manipulating the treated areas. Avoid flying for 2-4 hours post treatment.
POST TREATMENT COSMETIC FILLERS (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Voluma etc.)
- Immediately post treatment, you may experience temporary swelling, tenderness, itching, pain, bruising, redness or small lumps at the injection site. Although these effects typically improve within 2-3 days, it may take up to 2 weeks to fullly resolve.
- You can experience bruising or bleeding at the injection site if you are taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen. These reactions generally lessen or disappear within a few days but should not last for a week or longer. Unless prescribed by your doctor, it is recommended you avoid these medications for 3-5 days after your treatment.
- For 24 hours, you should avoid strenuous exercise, extensive sun or heat exposure and alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid pressure on the treated area for 6 hours after treatment. It is common to see some slight swelling/bruising for 48 hours which gradually disappears. You may cover the area with make-up if you like.
- If you have recently suffered from facial cold sores, advise Kristin if possible.
- While the effects of fillers last longer than other comparable treatments, the procedure is still temporary. Additional injections will be required periodically, generally within 6-24 months depending on the filler used.
If you have any concerns about your treatment or if you are experiencing difficulties with your recovery, please contact us! This is what to do before, and after cosmetic fillers.
- AUSTIN COSMETIC FILLERS
- WHAT TO DO BEFORE BOTOX INJECTIONS
- WHAT TO DO AFTER BOTOX INJECTIONS
- AUSTIN BOTOX TOP PROVIDER
- NATURAL LOOKING BOTOX IN AUSTIN
- AUSTIN BOTOX SPECIALS
- AUSTIN BOTOX MYTHS
My clients come from: AUSTIN | BEE CAVE | WESTLAKE | DRIPPING SPRINGS | ROUND ROCK | LAKEWAY | BUDA | KYLE | WIMBERLEY | BARTON CREEK | TARRYTOWN | HYDE PARK | PEMBERTON HEIGHTS
Contact our Austin Medspa to make an appointment for the Best Austin Botox!