Austin: Help for Acne Scarring
You may have tried everything to heal your acne scarring, but nothing has worked. One thing that has been known to function very well for people with acne scars, for example, is cosmetic fillers. The good news is that my clients who have had filler in their scars received great results, on very deep and extensive facial scars. Cosmetic fillers such as Restylane or Perlane work great in conjunction with Microneedling, or Collagen Induction Therapy. This treatment is inexpensive, and was made essentially for scarring. If however you’re someone who is currently experiencing acne and want to avoid any lasting scars, you can always research into the different Treatments for Acne to prevent this from happening. Alternatively, you can visit Kristin for some professional help.
Kristin sees many acne scarring patients with a wide variety of acne scarring. There are five common types of acne scarring: ice pick acne scars, boxcar acne scars, rolling acne scars, hypertonic acne scars, and keloid acne scars.
- Ice pick scars are among the most common types of acne scars and are narrow scars that form pits in the skin.
- Boxcar scars are similar to chicken pox scars and have angular, well-defined edges that make them appear like a box. They create an indentation in the skin and are most often found on the temples or cheeks.
- Rolling scars create an indentation in the skin that looks like a wave, due to its wide size and shallow depth.
- Hypertrophic scars create a raised area on the skin within the boundary of the original wound. Unlike most acne scarring, these can diminish in size and appearance over time.
- Keloid scars create a raised area on the skin that extends beyond the boundary of the original wound. Keloid scars are rubbery, firm and sometimes itchy. In many instances, they grow to be larger than the original inflamed blemish.
Cosmetic Filler: Help for Acne Scarring
Dermal fillers are a great way to treat and potentially get rid of certain types of acne scarring, being particularly effective for rolling scars and some less defined boxcar scars. They are safe and well tolerated, with great results to fill the depression associated with scars. They are excellent for volume loss caused by acne scarring.
My clients come from: AUSTIN | BEE CAVE | WESTLAKE | DRIPPING SPRINGS | ROUND ROCK | LAKEWAY | BUDA | KYLE | WIMBERLEY | BARTON CREEK | TARRYTOWN | HYDE PARK | PEMBERTON HEIGHTS
keywords: Austin: Help for Acne Scarring