AUSTIN MICROBLADING AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Gently apply the aftercare ointment with clean, washed hands or with sterile Q-Tips. We recommend Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Res-Q Ointment.
- Do not get your brows wet for the next 7-10 days. You may apply a thicker layer of salve to brows prior to showering, to protect them. Hot water is no good for new brows! Your pores will open and the ink can leak out. This includes saunas, steam rooms or baths, hot ovens, or sweat.
- It is super important to maintain moisture on your brows with the Ointment. Reapply hourly for the first few days, when eyebrows feel dry or brow skin feels taught. Apply just enough product to moisten them, (to where they look shiny!) If you can see that they still have ointment on them, there is no need to apply more. Too much ointment will also cause the scab to lift prematurely and delay the healing process.
- Do not wipe off aftercare ointment from your eyebrows. This can cause the scab to fall off prematurely. You can BLOT with a clean paper towel or washcloth. Let the ointment absorb into the skin.
- DO NOT pick, scratch or rub your scabs.
- Avoid facial cleansers or soap on brows until scab fall off. We recommend using wash cloths or face wipes to remove makeup and cleanse face.
- Do not wear makeup over your brows until scabs have fallen off – usually up to 14 days.
- Avoid working out or sweating profusely until after 10 days. Salt in your sweat will draw your pigment.
- Sleep on your back! Rubbing your brows on pillows may cause scabs to come off and produce patchy brow healing. A silk pillowcase is always a good thing to have in any beauty routine!